|Degree: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration||Cost: $285 per credit hour *|
|College of Business & Public Administration: Department of Accounting||Required: 66 credit hours available from ODU (120 total)|
|Course Delivery Modes: SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.||Locations: 28|
This program provides a broad-based education, preparing students for a wide variety of career objectives. In addition to providing technical accounting knowledge, communication and computer skills are emphasized while developing the student’s analytical abilities on the path to an accounting degree.
Old Dominion’s College of Business and Public Administration’s accounting degree program is part of a select group in the country with separate accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business – International. Many organizations choose their corporate executives from the ranks of accountants because of their broad training.
Graduates may choose to work in private, corporate or nonprofit organizations.
Watch: Accounting Major at ODU
There is a separate application that students must complete to be admitted to the School of Business and Public Administration to pursue an accounting degree. This application can be found here (PDF file) on the College's website.
Courses required for admission are ACCT 201, ECON 202S, ENGL 110C, and MATH 162M with a grade of C or better in each.
Careers In This Field
- Auditing/Assurance Services
- Taxes/Tax Planning
- Environmental Accounting
- Forensic/Investigative Accounting
- International Accounting
- Personal Financial Planning
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Financial Management
- Financial Reporting
- Cost Accounting
- Budget Analysis
- Financial Management
|Undergraduate Distance Learning Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$285|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$285|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$807|
Rates are subject to change. Please visit the Office of Finance web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar web site.
- Long Range Plan (PDF)
All ODU undergraduate distance learning programs are degree completion / transfer programs. Explore Monarch TRANSFERmation to see how courses you've completed may transfer to ODU. To have an advisor review your transcripts, contact your nearest ODU extended classroom site or call 1.800.968.2638.
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Central Virginia Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Fauquier Campus
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Middletown Campus
- Mountain Empire Community College
- Navy Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island
- New River Community College
- ODU Dahlgren
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Peninsula Higher Education Center
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Rappahannock Community College - Glenns Campus
- Southern Virginia Higher Education Center
- Southside Virginia Community College - Christanna Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - J.H. Daniel Campus
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Tri-Cities Higher Education Center
- Virginia Beach Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College