Autism Spectrum Disorders (Cert)
|Degree: Graduate Certificate||Cost: $412 per credit hour *|
|Darden College of Education: Department of Communication Disorders and Special Education||Required: 12 credit hours|
|Course Delivery Modes: Video streamView & participate in streamed classes online over a high-speed Internet connection from any location. May be live or archived., SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.||Locations: 21|
Autism is a neurodevelopmental condition that affects 1 out of 150 children. This certificate program is designed to prepare teachers and related service providers to effectively work with and provide support for students with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
This coursework can be completed separately from, or integrated into, the Master’s Degree in Special Education.
For more information on becoming a teacher, please contact Teacher Education Services and Advising at 757-683-6448 or http://education.odu.edu/tes/.
- Admittance to ODU as a non-degree or degree seeking student.
- A separate application to the Darden College of Education for this certificate program.
- Purchase of Livetext to complete course work.
A certificate in Autism Spectrum Disorders can benefit educational and treatment careers including:
- Special Education Teacher
- Educational therapist
- Psycho-educational diagnostician
- Child Advocate
- Child Study Team Member
- Curriculum Supervisor
- Subject Area Supervisor
- Occupational and Physical Therapist
- Audiology and Speech Pathologist
Graduate Distance Learning Tuition Rates
|Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$412|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$412|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$1048|
Effective Summer 2013. Rates are subject to change. Please visit the Office of Finance web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar web site.
SPED 625, 627, 569, 621
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Central Virginia Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Fauquier Campus
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Middletown Campus
- Mountain Empire Community College
- New River Community College
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Rappahannock Community College - Glenns Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - Christanna Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - J.H. Daniel Campus
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College