Civil Engineering Technology (BSET)
|Degree: Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology||Cost: $285 per credit hour *|
|Frank Batten College of Engineering & Technology: Department of Engineering Technology||Required: 64 credit hours from ODU (at least 127 total)|
|Course Delivery Modes: SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other., Video streamView & participate in streamed classes online over a high-speed Internet connection from any location. May be live or archived.||Locations: 26|
Students in this program are prepared for employment in a wide range of professional and technical positions with the construction, consulting engineering, surveying and development industries. Graduates of this program are eligible to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam, the first step to licensure as a professional engineer, in Virginia and many other states.
Effective written, oral and graphic communications are practiced throughout the curriculum along with computer literacy. The program culminates in a senior project that integrates course work with a practical project assignment in the student's area of interest.
The Civil Engineering Technology program is accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (TAC/ABET).
Acceptance into ODU as a degree seeking student and ENGL 100C credit.
Careers In This Field
- Construction: project engineer, field engineer, assistant superintendent, estimator, scheduler, designer, engineer, planner, computer- aided design analyst.
- Public Utilities
- Architectural and Structural Engineering Firms
- Design-Build Contractors
- Urban and Community Planning
- Environmental concerns
- Water Resources
- Geotechnical areas
- Surveying and Mapping
Undergraduate Distance Learning Tuition Rates
|Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$285|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$285|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$807|
Rates are subject to change. Please visit the Office of Finance web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar web site.
Map out your education with this program's Long Range Schedule (PDF).
All ODU undergraduate distance learning programs are degree completion / transfer programs. Explore the VCCS Transfer Guide or Monarch TRANSFERmation to see how courses you've completed may transfer to ODU. To have an advisor review your transcripts, contact your nearest ODU extended classroom site or call 1.800.968.2638.
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Central Virginia Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Fauquier Campus
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Middletown Campus
- Mountain Empire Community College
- Navy Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island
- New River Community College
- ODU Dahlgren
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Quantico Marine Corps Base
- Rappahannock Community College - Glenns Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - Christanna Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - J.H. Daniel Campus
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College