Coastal Engineering (CECP)
The CECP provides practicing engineers the opportunity to study Coastal Engineering at the graduate level. The Certificate demonstrates a basic level of understanding of the physical sciences, engineering, economics, environmental, institutional-political-social, and aesthetic constraints that influence all coastal engineering design. The Certificate may also provide the necessary credentials for continuing education by state licensing boards and professional organizations.
The Certificate requires four graduate level courses in the specialty area of Coastal Engineering within Civil Engineering.
Admittance to ODU as a non-degree student. There is no formal admittance procedure for the CECP program.
Please see theprogram's website for additional details.
If you are an international student interested in taking this program online from your home country, please contact the ODU International Admission Office for assistance.
- Consulting Engineering
- Project Management
- Membership on Coastal Zone Management team
- Instrumentation development
- Education, teaching
- Permit Review
- Federal government (US Army, Corps of Engineers: NOAA, FEMA, USCG,US Navy, NAVFAC, )
- State government (Dept. of Natural Resources )
- City government ( Dept. of Public Works, beach management )
Graduate Distance Learning Tuition Rates
|Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$412|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$412|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$1048|
Effective Summer 2013. Rates are subject to change. Please visit the Office of Finance web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar web site.
- CEE 582 Introduction to Coastal Engineering
- CEE 787 Dredging and Beach Engineering
- CEE 788 Coastal Hydrodynamics and Sediment Transport Processes
- CEE 782 Design of Coastal Structures
- Peninsula Higher Education Center
- Tri-Cities Higher Education Center
- Virginia Beach Higher Education Center