Coastal Engineering (CECP)
Program at a Glance
|Frank Batten College of Engineering and Technology: Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering|
|Cost: $412 per credit hour *|
|Required: Four graduate level courses|
|Course Delivery Modes: Video streamView & participate in streamed classes online over a high-speed Internet connection from any location. May be live or archived., 2-way extended campusAttend class at a site for a live, broadcast course. Instructor & students can all see and talk to each other.|
Study coastal engineering at the graduate level.
This Certificate demonstrates a basic level of understanding of the physical sciences, engineering, economics, environmental, institutional-political-social, and aesthetic constraints that influence all coastal engineering design.
The Certificate may also provide the necessary credentials for continuing education by state licensing boards and professional organizations.
The Certificate requires four graduate level courses in the specialty area of Coastal Engineering within Civil Engineering:
- CEE 582 Introduction to Coastal Engineering
- CEE 787 Dredging and Beach Engineering
- CEE 788 Coastal Hydrodynamics and Sediment Transport Processes
- CEE 782 Design of Coastal Structures
To take courses in this certificate, you must be admitted to ODU as a non-degree graduate student. There is no formal admittance procedure specifically for the CECP program.
Please see the department's website for additional details.
If you are an international student interested in taking this program online from your home country, please contact the ODU International Admission Office for assistance.
Courses in this program may be offered in these technologies:
2-way extended campus: Attend class at a site for a live, broadcast course. Instructor and students can all see and talk to each other.
Video stream: View and participate in streamed classes online over a high-speed Internet connection from any location. May be live or archived.
- Consulting Engineering
- Project Management
- Membership on Coastal Zone Management team
- Instrumentation development
- Education, teaching
- Permit Review
- Federal government (US Army, Corps of Engineers: NOAA, FEMA, USCG,US Navy, NAVFAC, )
- State government (Dept. of Natural Resources )
- City government ( Dept. of Public Works, beach management )
|Graduate Distance Learning Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$412|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$412|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$1048|
Rates are effective Summer 2013 and subject to change. Please visit the Office of Finance web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar web site.