EET - Computer Engineering Technology (BSET)
Program at a Glance
|Degree: Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology|
|Frank Batten College of Engineering & Technology: Department of Engineering Technology|
|Cost: $285 per credit hour *|
|Required: 61 credit hours from ODU (127 total)|
|Course Delivery Modes: SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other., Video streamView & participate in streamed classes online over a high-speed Internet connection from any location. May be live or archived.|
Are you interested in the design and operation of computer and web based systems?
The Computer Engineering Technology (ComET) option provides the skills for career success in designing, building, and installing computer systems of all descriptions including hardware, software, and networking / web operations.
This field is in touch with a wide and growing range of modern concerns such as high speed and wireless communication, exploration of outer space, and a revolution in medical diagnosis and treatment.
Students completing the ComET option will also receive a minor in Computer Science.
Why ODU for Computer Engineering Technology?
ODU's Electrical Engineering Technology program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ETAC of ABET).
Graduates of our program are eligible to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam in Virginia and many other states.
Talk with an advisor to determine how your credits will transfer. The curriculum sheets below can serve as a guide for planning your course of study.
Map out your education with this program's Long Range Schedule (PDF).
Courses in this program may be offered in these technologies:
Video stream: View and participate in streamed classes online over a high-speed Internet connection from any location. May be live or archived.
Satellite: Attend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.
All ODU undergraduate distance learning programs are degree completion / transfer programs.
Explore Monarch TRANSFERmation to see how courses you've completed may transfer to ODU. To have an advisor review your transcripts, contact your nearest ODU extended classroom site or call 1.800.968.2638.
For this program, you will need to be accepted into ODU as a degree-seeking student. and ENGL 100C credit.
Computer Engineering Technology Careers
Areas that require ComET skills include:
- Network management
- Computer Engineering
- Network design
- Research and Development
- Control Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Image Processing & Robotics
- Plasma Engineering
- Computer Vision
|Undergraduate Distance Learning Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$285|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$285|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$807|
Rates are effective Summer 2013 and subject to change. Please visit the Office of Finance web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar web site.
Save time, save money, and earn guaranteed acceptance into ODU. Earn your associate's degree at a community college and complete a bachelor’s degree at Old Dominion. It’s that simple.
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Central Virginia Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Fauquier Campus
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Middletown Campus
- Mountain Empire Community College
- Navy Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island
- New River Community College
- ODU Dahlgren
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Peninsula Higher Education Center
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Quantico Marine Corps Base
- Rappahannock Community College - Glenns Campus
- Southern Virginia Higher Education Center
- Southside Virginia Community College - Christanna Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - J.H. Daniel Campus
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Tri-Cities Higher Education Center
- Virginia Beach Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College