Electrical Engineering Technology (minor)
Program at a Glance
|Frank Batten College of Engineering & Technology: Department of Engineering Technology|
|Cost: $285 per credit hour *|
|Required: 12 credit hours|
|Course Delivery Modes: Video streamView & participate in streamed classes online over a high-speed Internet connection from any location. May be live or archived., SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.|
The minor in electrical engineering technology is open to students (except electrical engineering technology majors) who have completed at least one three-credit course in calculus. This minor is particularly helpful for those who are preparing for the Fundamentals of Engineering examinations.
Subjects include Fundamentals of Electrical Technology, Electrical Power and Machinery, Communications Principles, and Programmable Machine Controls.
Required courses in this minor are EET 350, EET 360, EET 410, and EET 415.
Plan ahead with this minor's Long Range Schedule (PDF).
This minor can only be completed as part of an undergraduate degree from ODU. You will need to be accepted into ODU as an undergraduate degree-seeking student.
All ODU undergraduate distance learning programs are degree completion / transfer programs.
Courses are offered in these technologies:
Video stream: View and participate in streamed classes online over a high-speed Internet connection from any location. May be live or archived.
Satellite: Attend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.
|Undergraduate Distance Learning Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$285|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$285|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$807|
Rates are effective Summer 2013 and subject to change. Please visit the Admission & Financial Aid web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar.
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Central Virginia Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Fauquier Campus
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Middletown Campus
- Mountain Empire Community College
- Navy Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island
- New River Community College
- ODU Dahlgren
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Peninsula Higher Education Center
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Quantico Marine Corps Base
- Rappahannock Community College - Glenns Campus
- Southern Virginia Higher Education Center
- Southside Virginia Community College - Christanna Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - J.H. Daniel Campus
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Tri-Cities Higher Education Center
- Virginia Beach Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College