Engineering Management (minor)
Program at a Glance
|Frank Batten College of Engineering & Technology: Department of Engineering Management and Systems Engineering|
|Cost: $273-285 per credit hour *|
|Required: 12 credit hours|
|Learning Environment: Online synchronousAccess course material online from any location and participate in regularly scheduled online class meetings.|
The minor in engineering management was designed to provide science, engineering and technology majors with an effective transition from the technical side of engineering to the managerial application of engineering knowledge.
You will develop skills in team building, interpersonal communications, decision making, project management, leadership, and quality assurance. This broad knowledge will prepare you to be a successful participant and manager in a technology-based organization.
The minor in engineering management requires 12 credit hours (four courses) from the following:
- ENMA 301 – Introduction to Engineering Management
- ENMA 302 – Engineering Economics
- ENMA 401 – Project Management
- ENMA 415 – Systems Engineering
- ENMA 420 – Statistical Concepts in Engineering
- ENMA 421 – Decision Techniques in Engineering
- ENMA 422 – Global Engineering and Project Management
- ENMA 424 – Risk Analysis in Engineering Management
- ENMA 444 – Leading Engineering Organization
- ENMA 480 – Ethics and Philosophy in Engineering Applications
Courses are offered in this technology:
Online synchronous: Access course material online from any location and participate in live, regularly scheduled online class meetings.
This minor can only be completed as part of an undergraduate degree from ODU. You will need to be accepted into ODU as an undergraduate degree-seeking student.
All ODU undergraduate distance learning programs are degree completion / transfer programs.
|Undergraduate Distance Learning Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$285|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$285|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$807|
Rates are effective Summer 2013 and subject to change. Please visit the Admission & Financial Aid web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar.