Engineering Management (minor)
Program at a Glance
|Frank Batten College of Engineering & Technology: Department of Engineering Management and Systems Engineering|
|Cost: $273-285 per credit hour *|
|Required: 12 credit hours|
|Course Delivery Modes: Video streamView & participate in streamed classes online over a high-speed Internet connection from any location. May be live or archived., SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.|
The minor in engineering management was designed to provide science, engineering and technology majors with an effective transition from the technical side of engineering to the managerial application of engineering knowledge.
You will develop skills in team building, interpersonal communications, decision making, project management, leadership, and quality assurance. This broad knowledge will prepare you to be a successful participant and manager in a technology-based organization.
The minor in engineering management requires 12 credit hours (four courses) from the following:
- ENMA 301 – Introduction to Engineering Management
- ENMA 302 – Engineering Economics
- ENMA 401 – Project Management
- ENMA 415 – Systems Engineering
- ENMA 420 – Statistical Concepts in Engineering
- ENMA 421 – Decision Techniques in Engineering
- ENMA 422 – Global Engineering and Project Management
- ENMA 424 – Risk Analysis in Engineering Management
- ENMA 444 – Leading Engineering Organization
- ENMA 480 – Ethics and Philosophy in Engineering Applications
Courses are offered in these technologies:
Video stream: View and participate in streamed classes online over a high-speed Internet connection from any location. May be live or archived.
Satellite: Attend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.
This minor can only be completed as part of an undergraduate degree from ODU. You will need to be accepted into ODU as an undergraduate degree-seeking student.
All ODU undergraduate distance learning programs are degree completion / transfer programs.
|Undergraduate Distance Learning Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$285|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$285|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$807|
Rates are effective Summer 2013 and subject to change. Please visit the Office of Finance web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar web site.
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Central Virginia Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Middletown Campus
- Mountain Empire Community College
- Navy Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island
- New River Community College
- ODU Dahlgren
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Peninsula Higher Education Center
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Quantico Marine Corps Base
- Rappahannock Community College - Glenns Campus
- Southern Virginia Higher Education Center
- Southside Virginia Community College - Christanna Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - J.H. Daniel Campus
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Tri-Cities Higher Education Center
- Virginia Beach Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College