General Engineering Tech. - Electromechanical Systems (BSET)
|Degree: Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology||Cost: $250-273 per credit hour|
|Frank Batten College of Engineering & Technology: Department of Engineering Technology||Required: 39 credit hours from ODU (120 total)|
|Course Delivery Modes: SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other., Portable mediaWork independently to complete course work provided on CD-ROM or similar media. Applies to specific courses for military only., Video streamView & participate in streamed classes online over a high-speed Internet connection from any location. May be live or archived.||Locations: 30|
This program is designed for students with military training in mechanical or electrical engineering technology.
Advanced technical systems such as automated manufacturing and ship systems require a unique blend of technical knowledge to enable understanding and analysis of the interrelated electrical and mechanical components. The Electromechanical Systems option is designed to support military and civilian career interests related to design, operation, and repair of these critical systems and their interfaces.
In this course of study, you will complete a minor in Engineering Management, a four-course sequence that provides essential analytical skills for complex technical and business decision.
Acceptance into ODU as a degree-seeking student and ENGL 110C credit. At least 24 semester hours of military credit in mechanical or electrical engineering technology.
Check Ratings & Roadmaps. Find out what degree you are eligible for based on your rating. Check the Curriculum for what courses are required, and contact us to see what credits you may have already earned from military training.
Careers In This Field
Areas that require Electromechanical Systems skills include:
- Technical services and support
- Plant engineering
- Research & development
- Engineering sales
- Operations engineering
- Maintenance engineering
- Automation and automated system design
- Technical and facilities management
|Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Navy College Program Distance Learning Partnership students||$250-273|
Rates are subject to change. Please visit the Office of Finance web site for complete tuition details.
Students earn Technical Base credit from applicable military training. Technical Electives may be completed with military training or college courses.
Map out your education with this program's Long Range Schedule (PDF).
All ODU undergraduate distance learning programs are degree completion / transfer programs. Explore the VCCS Transfer Guide or Monarch TRANSFERmation to see how courses may transfer to ODU. To have an advisor review your transcripts, contact your nearest ODU extended classroom site or call 1.800.968.2638.
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Central Virginia Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Middletown Campus
- Mountain Empire Community College
- Navy Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island
- New River Community College
- ODU Dahlgren
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Peninsula Higher Education Center
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Quantico Marine Corps Base
- Rappahannock Community College - Glenns Campus
- Southern Virginia Higher Education Center
- Southside Virginia Community College - Christanna Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - J.H. Daniel Campus
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Tri-Cities Higher Education Center
- Virginia Beach Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College