Human Services (minor)
Program at a Glance
|Darden College of Education: Department of Counseling and Human Services|
|Cost: $285 per credit hour *|
|Required: 15 credit hours|
|Course Delivery Modes: SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other., Online asynchronousAccess course material online from any location and complete coursework following a defined course schedule.|
A minor in human services is a good complement to majors such as psychology, sociology, criminal justice, and special education.
With this minor, you will learn the roles and functions of the human services professional, characteristics of human growth and development; characteristics of human services agencies; theories and skills of human services; and the basics skills related to program evaluation, grant writing, and fundraising.
The department maintains the most current information on this minor's curriculum (PDF).
|Undergraduate Distance Learning Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$285|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$285|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$807|
Rates are effective Summer 2013 and subject to change. Please visit the Admission & Financial Aid web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar.
This minor can only be completed as part of an undergraduate degree from ODU. You will need to be accepted into ODU as an undergraduate degree-seeking student.
All ODU undergraduate distance learning programs are degree completion / transfer programs.
Courses are offered in these technologies:
Online Asynchronous: Access course materials online from any location. These courses require little to no synchronous (same-time) scheduled class meetings, but assignments and exams are scheduled by the instructor. All courses follow ODU's regular academic calendar.
Satellite: Attend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Central Virginia Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Fauquier Campus
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Middletown Campus
- Mountain Empire Community College
- Navy Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island
- New River Community College
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Peninsula Higher Education Center
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Quantico Marine Corps Base
- Rappahannock Community College - Glenns Campus
- Southern Virginia Higher Education Center
- Southside Virginia Community College - Christanna Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - J.H. Daniel Campus
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Tri-Cities Higher Education Center
- Virginia Beach Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College