Information Systems & Technology (BSBA)
|Degree: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration||Cost: $285 per credit hour *|
|College of Business & Public Administration: Department of Information Technology||Required: 66 credit hours from ODU (120 total)|
|Course Delivery Modes: SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.||Locations: 28|
Now, and in the foreseeable future, the success of any business will depend on the quality of its information systems and the professionals who develop and maintain them. This undergraduate program provides a broad and thorough survey of software engineering, systems analysis and design, database management, network engineering and e-business, concluding with an Information Systems degree.
In addition to exposure to leading-edge technology, students are required to build a strong foundation in other aspects of business including accounting, quantitative methods, international business, economics, finance, management and marketing.
There is a separate application that students must complete to be admitted to the School of Business and Public Administration to pursue an information systems degree.
Courses required for admission are ACCT 201, ECON 202S, ENGL 110C, and MATH 162M with a grade of C or better in each.
Careers In This Field
- Business Application Developer
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Database Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Internet/Intranet Developer
- IT Consulting
- IT Project Manager
- IT Security Analyst
- Network Administrator
- Network Engineer
- Software Developer/Designer
- Systems Analyst
- Systems Designer
- Systems Integrator
- Web Developer
Undergraduate Distance Learning Tuition Rates
|Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$285|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$285|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$807|
Rates are subject to change. Please visit the Office of Finance web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar web site.
All ODU undergraduate distance learning programs are degree completion / transfer programs. Explore Monarch TRANSFERmation to see how courses you've completed may transfer to ODU. To have an advisor review your transcripts, contact your nearest ODU extended classroom site or call 1.800.968.2638.
Map out your education with this program's Long Range Schedule (PDF).
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Central Virginia Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Fauquier Campus
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Middletown Campus
- Mountain Empire Community College
- Navy Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island
- New River Community College
- ODU Dahlgren
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Peninsula Higher Education Center
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Rappahannock Community College - Glenns Campus
- Southern Virginia Higher Education Center
- Southside Virginia Community College - Christanna Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - J.H. Daniel Campus
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Tri-Cities Higher Education Center
- Virginia Beach Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College