Program at a Glance
|Degree: Bachelor of Science in Business Administration|
|College of Business & Public Administration: Department of Marketing|
|Cost: $285 per credit hour *|
|Required: 60 credit hours from ODU (120 total)|
|Course Delivery Modes: SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.|
A marketing career is often considered one of the best training grounds to rise to the top level of corporations.
This program teaches you to be ethical and successful in today’s and tomorrow’s dynamic marketing environment and systems.
Watch: Marketing Major at ODU
Talk with an advisor to determine how your credits will transfer. The curriculum sheets below can serve as a guide for planning your course of study.
Map out your education with this program's Long Range Schedule (PDF).
All ODU undergraduate distance learning programs are degree completion / transfer programs.
Explore Monarch TRANSFERmation to see how courses you've completed may transfer to ODU. To have an advisor review your transcripts, contact your nearest ODU extended classroom site or call 1.800.968.2638.
For this program, you will need to be accepted into ODU as a degree-seeking student.
There is a separate application that students must complete to be admitted to the School of Business and Public Administration. Courses required for this admission are ACCT 201, ECON 202S, ENGL 110C, and MATH 162M with a grade of C or better in each
Save time, save money, and earn guaranteed acceptance into ODU. Earn your associate's degree at a community college and complete a bachelor’s degree at Old Dominion. It’s that simple.
Marketing graduates have a wide variety of career options, including:
- Public relations
- Internet marketing
- Brand management
- Product management
- Marketing research
- Marketing strategy
- Retailing: Store management, Buying, Procurement
- Customer service
- Commercial lending
|Undergraduate Distance Learning Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$285|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$285|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$807|
Rates are effective Summer 2013 and subject to change. Please visit the Admission & Financial Aid web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar.
Courses in this program are offered in this technology:
Satellite: Attend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Central Virginia Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Fauquier Campus
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Middletown Campus
- Mountain Empire Community College
- Navy Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island
- New River Community College
- ODU Dahlgren
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Peninsula Higher Education Center
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Rappahannock Community College - Glenns Campus
- Southern Virginia Higher Education Center
- Southside Virginia Community College - Christanna Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - J.H. Daniel Campus
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Tri-Cities Higher Education Center
- Virginia Beach Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College