Nursing - Nurse Administrator (MSN)
|Degree: Master of Science in Nursing||Cost: $412 per credit hour *|
|College of Health Sciences: School of Nursing||Required: 36 credit hours|
|Course Delivery Modes: HybridA combination: attend class on-site or live online at times and access online materials on your own for some parts of the class.||Locations: 1|
The Nursing Administration role prepares the graduate for leadership positions in a variety of health care areas. The curriculum uses diverse leadership and organizational theories as a foundation, and is designed to provide the participant with advanced problem-solving skills and application of theory to address today's "real world" healthcare issues. New models of leadership, management, and the role of the advanced practice nurse in assuring effective organizations are analyzed throughout the curriculum.
In addition to meeting University requirements, applicants for the MSN program must meet the following criteria:
- a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a NLNAC OR CCNE accredited program is preferred, however, applicants with a bachelor's degree in a related field will be considered on an individual basis. Degrees earned from nationally accredited institutions do not meet admission requirements for graduate study at ODU.
an undergraduate degree with quality point average of 3.0 overall and
- 3.0 in the major
- completed undergraduate courses in statistics and health assessment
- one year of recent clinical nursing experience, preferably post-baccalaureate experience
- currently licensed as a registered nurse
A separate application to the School of Nursing is required.
If you are an international student interested in taking this program online from your home country, please contact the ODU International Admission Office for assistance.
Careers In This Field
- Clinical Leadership
- Educational Leadership
- Public Health Care
- Military Health Care
- Organizational Development
- Public Policy
- Policy Advisor
Graduate Distance Learning Tuition Rates
|Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$412|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$412|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$1048|
Effective Summer 2013. Rates are subject to change. Please visit the Office of Finance web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar web site.
Please visit the School of Nursing web site for course details.