Nursing RN to BSN (BSN)
|Degree: Bachelor of Science in Nursing||Cost: $285 per credit hour *|
|College of Health Sciences: School of Nursing||Required: 39 credit hours from ODU (120 total)|
|Course Delivery Modes: SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other., Online asynchronousAccess course material online from any location and complete coursework at your own pace., Video streamView & participate in streamed classes online over a high-speed Internet connection from any location. May be live or archived.||Locations: 31|
Professional nursing is an exciting and challenging career, providing a wide range of employment opportunities, flexibility, career mobility, and personal reward for those who enjoy working with people. Old Dominion’s R.N. to B.S.N. students and those pursuing an R.N. to B.S.N. degree online work with faculty mentors and build a polished professional portfolio – a key advantage in seeking career advancement or employment.
After completing one semester of the R.N. to B.S.N. curriculum, students may apply for the R.N. to B.S.N. /M.S.N. option.
The post-licensure track is for those who are already licensed as an RN and want to advance their career by earning a B.S.N. The undergraduate program has been successfully delivering quality nursing education to RNs at a distance since 1987.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Admission to ODU as a degree-seeking student
- Completion of all lower division requirements
An additional application to the School of Nursing is required. Full details and the Nursing application can be found at the School of Nursing web site.
Careers In This Field
- Pediatrics, Surgical, Emergency, Critical Care, Maternity, Women's Health, Newborn Intensive Care, Cancer Treatment, Psychiatric/Mental Health, Operating Room/Recovery Room, Occupational or Industrial Health, Various Others
Community and Public Health
- Home Health
- Rural Nursing
- Health Education
- Temporary Staffing
- Travel Nursing
- Personal Services Contracting
- Private Duty
- Staff Nursing
- Policy Development
- Educational Administration
- Insurance Underwriting and Claims
- Product Management
- Quality Assurance
- Healthcare Administration
- Information Management
- Patient Advocacy
- Forensic Nursing
Undergraduate Distance Learning Tuition Rates
|Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$285|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$285|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$807|
Rates are subject to change. Please visit the Office of Finance web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar web site.
All ODU undergraduate distance learning programs are degree completion / transfer programs. Explore Monarch TRANSFERmation to see how courses you've completed may transfer to ODU. To have an advisor review your transcripts, contact your nearest ODU extended classroom site or call 1.800.968.2638.
Map out your education with this program's Long Range Schedule (PDF).
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Central Virginia Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Fauquier Campus
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Middletown Campus
- Mountain Empire Community College
- Navy Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island
- New River Community College
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Peninsula Higher Education Center
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Quantico Marine Corps Base
- Rappahannock Community College - Glenns Campus
- Southern Virginia Higher Education Center
- Southside Virginia Community College - Christanna Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - J.H. Daniel Campus
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Tri-Cities Higher Education Center
- Virginia Beach Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College