Occup. Studies - Industrial Technology Emphasis (BS)
Program at a Glance
|Degree: Bachelor of Science|
|Darden College of Education: Department of STEM Education and Professional Studies|
|Cost: $285 per credit hour *|
|Required: 36 credit hours from ODU (120 total)|
|Course Delivery Modes: SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.|
An Occupational Studies degree with an Industrial Technology Emphasis prepares you to enter the industry as a supervisor, technical manager or trainer. Industrial Technology is primarily involved with the management, operation, and maintenance of complex technological systems.
This program is designed to produce a technical generalist who is competent in assessing problems and proposing solutions to improve productivity related to product specifications, materials and processes, industrial control and information systems, and manufacturing production.
Talk with an advisor to determine how your credits will transfer. The curriculum sheet below can serve as a guide for planning your course of study.
Courses in this program are offered in this technology:
Satellite: Attend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.
|Undergraduate Distance Learning Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$285|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$285|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$807|
Rates are effective Summer 2013 and subject to change. Please visit the Admission & Financial Aid web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar.
Occup. Studies Industrial Technology Careers
- Manufacturing Supervisor
- Process Supervisor
- Production Supervisor
- Quality Systems Engineer
- Technical Specialist
- Industrial Trainer
- Plant Manager
- Industrial and technical sales, design, and testing
All ODU undergraduate distance learning programs are degree completion / transfer programs.
Explore Monarch TRANSFERmation to see how courses you've completed may transfer to ODU. To have an advisor review your transcripts, contact your nearest ODU extended classroom site or call 1.800.968.2638.
For this program, you will need to be accepted into ODU as a degree-seeking student.
Save time, save money, and earn guaranteed acceptance into ODU. Earn your associate's degree at a community college and complete a bachelor’s degree at Old Dominion. It’s that simple.
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Central Virginia Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Fort Lee
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Fauquier Campus
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Middletown Campus
- Mountain Empire Community College
- Navy Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island
- New River Community College
- ODU Dahlgren
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Peninsula Higher Education Center
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Quantico Marine Corps Base
- Rappahannock Community College - Glenns Campus
- Southern Virginia Higher Education Center
- Southside Virginia Community College - Christanna Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - J.H. Daniel Campus
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Tri-Cities Higher Education Center
- Virginia Beach Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College