Occup. Studies - Training Specialist Emphasis (BS)
Program at a Glance
|Degree: Bachelor of Science|
|Darden College of Education: Department of STEM Education and Professional Studies|
|Cost: $285 per credit hour *|
|Required: 36 credit hours from ODU (120 total)|
|Course Delivery Modes: SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.|
Training specialists function primarily as training program analysts, designers, developers, presenters, and evaluators. This degree in Occupational and Technical Studies integrates technical course work with training in business and supervisory skills. That means you'll train to become a generalist who is competent in assessing problems and proposing training solutions to improve productivity related to the workforce. Training specialists work with subject matter experts to build training curriculum, and may work in virtually any type of work setting.
The course work in this program is based on the latest research by the American Society for Training and Development.
Watch: Training Specialist Major at ODU
Talk with an advisor to determine how your credits will transfer. The curriculum sheets below can serve as a guide for planning your course of study.
All ODU undergraduate distance learning programs are degree completion / transfer programs.
Explore Monarch TRANSFERmation to see how courses you've completed may transfer to ODU. To have an advisor review your transcripts, contact your nearest ODU extended classroom site or call 1.800.968.2638.
For this program, you will need to be accepted into ODU as a degree-seeking student.
Save time, save money, and earn guaranteed acceptance into ODU. Earn your associate's degree at a community college and complete a bachelor’s degree at Old Dominion. It’s that simple.
Training Specialist Careers
- Instructional designer
- Training coordinator and manager
- Program evaluator
- Program developer
- Curriculum developer/writer
- Human resources
Courses in this program are offered in this technology:
Satellite: Attend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.
|Undergraduate Distance Learning Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$285|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$285|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$807|
Rates are effective Summer 2013 and subject to change. Please visit the Admission & Financial Aid web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar.
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Central Virginia Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Fort Lee
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Fauquier Campus
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Middletown Campus
- Mountain Empire Community College
- Navy Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island
- New River Community College
- ODU Dahlgren
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Peninsula Higher Education Center
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Quantico Marine Corps Base
- Rappahannock Community College - Glenns Campus
- Southern Virginia Higher Education Center
- Southside Virginia Community College - Christanna Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - J.H. Daniel Campus
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Tri-Cities Higher Education Center
- Virginia Beach Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College