OTS - Business & Industry Training (MS)
Program at a Glance
|Degree: Master of Science|
|Darden College of Education: Department of STEM Education and Professional Studies|
|Cost: $412 per credit hour *|
|Required: 33 credit hours|
|Course Delivery Modes: Video streamView & participate in streamed classes online over a high-speed Internet connection from any location. May be live or archived., SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.|
Prepare to lead.
This graduate degree helps teachers and trainers upgrade their knowledge and skills to prepare for leadership roles in education and training.
Required Common Core Courses (nine credit hours)
- SEPS 785: Curriculum Development in Occupational Education and Training
- SEPS 788: Instructional Strategies and Innovations in Training and Occupational Education
- SEPS 789: Instructional Technology in Education and Training
Research Core Courses (6-9 credit hours)
- FOUN 612: Applied Research in Education
- SEPS 636: Problems in Occupational and Technical Studies
- SEPS 689: Thesis in Occupational Education
Please see the department's webpage for more details on curriculum for the Business and Industry Training concentration.
You can complete up to 12 graduate hours with a nondegree graduate application. All applicants to the Master of Science degree in Occupational and Technical Studies must meet university, college, and departmental requirements. In addition, you should have prior academic work associated with this area of study.
For details about admission, continuance, and other program requirements, please visit the department's web site.
Courses in this program may be offered in these technologies:
Satellite: Attend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.
Video stream: View and participate in streamed classes online over a high-speed Internet connection from any location. May be live or archived.
Business & Industry Training Careers
- Instructional designer
- Training coordinator/ manager
- Program developer/ evaluator
- Curriculum Writer
- Human Resources
- Technical Specialist
|Graduate Distance Learning Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$412|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$412|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$1048|
Rates are effective Summer 2013 and subject to change. Please visit the Office of Finance web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar web site.
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Central Virginia Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Fauquier Campus
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Middletown Campus
- Mountain Empire Community College
- Navy Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island
- New River Community College
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Peninsula Higher Education Center
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Quantico Marine Corps Base
- Rappahannock Community College - Glenns Campus
- Southern Virginia Higher Education Center
- Southside Virginia Community College - Christanna Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - J.H. Daniel Campus
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Tri-Cities Higher Education Center
- Virginia Beach Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College