OTS - Business & Industry Training (MS)
Program at a Glance
|Degree: Master of Science|
|Darden College of Education: Department of STEM Education and Professional Studies|
|Cost: $412 per credit hour *|
|Required: 33 credit hours|
|Learning Environment: Online synchronousAccess course material online from any location and participate in regularly scheduled online class meetings.|
Prepare to lead.
This graduate degree helps teachers and trainers upgrade their knowledge and skills to prepare for leadership roles in education and training.
Required Common Core Courses (nine credit hours)
- SEPS 785: Curriculum Development in Occupational Education and Training
- SEPS 788: Instructional Strategies and Innovations in Training and Occupational Education
- SEPS 789: Instructional Technology in Education and Training
Research Core Courses (6-9 credit hours)
- FOUN 612: Applied Research in Education
- SEPS 636: Problems in Occupational and Technical Studies
- SEPS 689: Thesis in Occupational Education
Please see the department's webpage for more details on curriculum for the Business and Industry Training concentration.
You can complete up to 12 graduate hours with a nondegree graduate application. All applicants to the Master of Science degree in Occupational and Technical Studies must meet university, college, and departmental requirements. In addition, you should have prior academic work associated with this area of study.
For details about admission, continuance, and other program requirements, please visit the department's web site.
Courses in this program are offered in this technology:
Online synchronous: Access course material online from any location and participate in live, regularly scheduled online class meetings.
Business & Industry Training Careers
- Instructional designer
- Training coordinator/ manager
- Program developer/ evaluator
- Curriculum Writer
- Human Resources
- Technical Specialist
|Graduate Distance Learning Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$412|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$412|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$1048|
Rates are effective Summer 2013 and subject to change. Please visit the Admission & Financial Aid web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar.