Special Education Post Baccalaureate Endorsement (Lic)
|Degree: Licensure||Cost: Varies based on course level|
|Darden College of Education: Department of Communication Disorders and Special Education||Required: Credit hours determined by student's previous coursework|
|Course Delivery Modes: SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other., Video streamView & participate in streamed classes online over a high-speed Internet connection from any location. May be live or archived.||Locations: 32|
This option is available for students pursuing endorsement in special education without a master’s degree, or for those who hold a provisional license in special education and seek to complete licensure requirements.
This licensure option meets Virginia Department of Education certification and endorsement requirements for any one or more of the following areas:
- early childhood special education
- special education: general curriculum (mild disabilities)
- special education: adapted curriculum (severe disabilities)
- visual impairment
For more information on becoming a teacher, please contact Teacher Education Services and Advising at 757-683-6448 or http://education.odu.edu/tes/.
Regular and provisional admittance requirements are detailed on the program's web page.
- Special Education Teacher
- Administrative Staff
- Educational Therapist
- Psycho-educational Diagnostician
- Child Advocate
- Child Study Team Member
Distance Learning Tuition Rates
This program includes both undergraduate and graduate level courses. The rate per credit hour is different for each level.
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$271 per credit hour||$391 per credit hour|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$271 per credit hour||$391 per credit hour|
|Virginia residents without Virginia domicile||$764 per credit hour||$991 per credit hour|
Rates are subject to change. Please visit the Office of Finance web site for complete tuition details.
For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar web site.
Details on the courses for this certification are on the program's web page.
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Central Virginia Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Fauquier Campus
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Middletown Campus
- Mountain Empire Community College
- Navy Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island
- New River Community College
- ODU Dahlgren
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Peninsula Higher Education Center
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Quantico Marine Corps Base
- Rappahannock Community College - Glenns Campus
- Southern Virginia Higher Education Center
- Southside Virginia Community College - Christanna Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - J.H. Daniel Campus
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Tri-Cities Higher Education Center
- Virginia Beach Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College