Professional Writing (Cert)
|Degree: Undergraduate Certificate||Cost: $285 per credit hour *|
|College of Arts & Letters: Department of English||Required: 12 credit hours|
|Course Delivery Modes: SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.||Locations: 19|
Sharpen your writing and communication skills with an undergraduate certificate in Professional Writing.
Admission to the University and completion of six hours of general education college composition. Please visit the department's web site for application details.
This certification can benefit any career where professional writing skills are an asset.
Undergraduate Distance Learning Tuition Rates
|Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$285|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$285|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$807|
Rates are subject to change. Please visit the Office of Finance web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar web site.
Twelve credit hours (about four courses) selected from ENGL 325, 327W, 334W, 335, 368, 381, 427W, 435W, 439W, 468, 481, or 486.
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Central Virginia Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Fauquier Campus
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Middletown Campus
- Mountain Empire Community College
- New River Community College
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Rappahannock Community College - Glenns Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - Christanna Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - J.H. Daniel Campus
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College