Systems Engineering (ME)
Program at a Glance
|Degree: Master of Engineering|
|Frank Batten College of Engineering & Technology: Department of Engineering Management and Systems Engineering|
|Cost: $437-456 per credit hour *|
|Required: 31 credit hours|
|Learning Environment: Online synchronousAccess course material online from any location and participate in regularly scheduled online class meetings.|
Get a competitive edge in your career with ODU's Master of Engineering-Systems Engineer online degree, one of the fastest growing and dynamic programs in America.
Systems engineering can be described as an interdisciplinary approach to support the realization, deployment, and maintenance of successful system solutions to complex problems.
ODU's Systems Engineering Master's program builds upon your technical background as an engineer. It is designed to provide in-depth, real-world practitioner expertise in engineering complex system solutions. In addition, this rigorous educational experience will help develop your skills in effectively addressing complex problems for both government and commercial systems.
- ENMA 602 Systems Engineering Management
- ENMA 640 Introduction to Systems Engineering
- ENMA 641 Requirements Management, Verification, & Validation
- ENMA 660 System Architectures & Modeling
- ENMA 715 Systems Analysis
- ENMA 771 Risk & Vulnerability Management of Complex Interdependent Systems
The program also requires 4 electives at the 600 or 700 level. Choose 4 from:
- ENMA 702 Methods for Rational Decision Making
- ENMA 703 Optimization Methods
- ENMA 710 Modeling and Analysis of Systems
- ENMA 712 Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis and Decision Support Systems
- ENMA 716 Complex Adaptive Situations Environments
- ENMA 717 Parametric Cost Estimating
- ENMA 723 Enterprise System Dynamics
- ENMA 750 Systems of Systems Engineering
- ENMA 751 Complexity, Engineering and Management
- ENMA 763 Robust Design
- Other electives may be approved by the Graduate Program Director on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from an ABET-accredited program in engineering or engineering technology, or from a fully accredited program in applied sciences. All students must have mathematics coursework through the level of integral calculus, matrix algebra, differential equations, and calculus-based probability and statistics. Please visit the program's web page for additional requirements for the Systems Engineering Master's degree.
If you are an international student interested in taking this program online from your home country, please contact the ODU International Admission Office for assistance.
Courses in this program are offered in this technology: (archived recordings may also be available)
Online synchronous: Access course material online from any location and participate in live, regularly scheduled online class meetings.
Systems Engineering Careers
With this degree you will gain skills in fields such as:
- Systems Engineering Fundamentals
- Complex Systems Analysis
- Systems Architecture and Modeling
- Systems Engineering Management
- Decision Making and Risk Analysis
These skills can be applied to careers in several industries, including:
- City Planning
- Information Technology
- Communication & Informatics
|Graduate Distance Learning Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$437|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$456|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$1089|
Rates are effective Fall 2014 and subject to change. Please visit ODU's main Admission & Financial Aid web site for complete tuition details, including fees and deadlines.
For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please click here.