Systems Engineering (ME)
|Degree: Master of Engineering||Cost: $412 per credit hour *|
|Frank Batten College of Engineering & Technology: Department of Engineering Management and Systems Engineering||Required: 31 credit hours|
|Course Delivery Modes: SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other., Video streamView & participate in streamed classes online over a high-speed Internet connection from any location. May be live or archived.||Locations: 13|
Systems engineering can be described as an interdisciplinary approach to support the realization, deployment, and maintenance of successful system solutions to complex problems.
The Systems Engineering Master's program is designed to provide in-depth, real-world practitioner expertise in engineering complex system solutions. In addition, it provides a rigorous educational experience and skill development to effectively address complex system problems for government and commercial clients.
Applicants must have an undergraduate degree from an ABET-accredited program in engineering or engineering technology, or from a fully accredited program in applied sciences. Please visit the program's web page for additional requirements for the Systems Engineering Master's degree.
If you are an international student interested in taking this program online from your home country, please contact the ODU International Admission Office for assistance.
Careers In This Field
Cost & Risk Analysis
- City Planning
- Information Technology
- Communication & Informatics
- Application Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Mission Manager
- Test Engineer
- Engineering Manager
- Systems Analyst
- Network Engineer
Graduate Distance Learning Tuition Rates
|Tuition Classification||Cost per credit hour|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$412|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$412|
|* In Virginia but without Virginia domicile||$1048|
Effective Summer 2013. Rates are subject to change. Please visit the Office of Finance web site for complete tuition details.
* For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar web site.
- ENMA 602 Systems Engineering Management
- ENMA 640 Introduction to Systems Engineering
- ENMA 641 Requirements Management, Verification, & Validation
- ENMA 660 System Architectures & Modeling
- ENMA 715 Systems Analysis
- ENMA 771 Risk & Vulnerability Management of Complex Interdependent Systems
See the program's web site for additional curriculum details.
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Navy Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island
- ODU Dahlgren
- Peninsula Higher Education Center
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Quantico Marine Corps Base
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Tri-Cities Higher Education Center
- Virginia Beach Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College