Elementary Education - PreK-6 Post Baccalaureate Endorsement (Lic)
Program at a Glance
|Degree: Initial Licensure|
|Darden College of Education: Department of Teaching and Learning|
|Cost: Varies based on course level|
|Required: 28 credit hours minimum|
|Course Delivery Modes: SatelliteAttend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other., Practicum / InternshipA practicum or internship is a required part of this program.|
This licensure-only program is designed for students who have a non-teaching Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and wish to qualify for a Virginia teaching license with an endorsement in PreK‐6 but who do not wish to complete a Master’s degree.
This approved teacher education licensure only program must be completed entirely to be recommended by Old Dominion University on the College Verification form for the Virginia teaching license.
A minimum of 28 credit hours are required; however, additional prerequisite and content course hours may be required. This licensure-only program includes both undergraduate and graduate level courses.
As part of the course work in this program, you must complete Advanced Classroom Management and Practicum, and the Teacher Canditate Internship.
More details can be found on the department's web page.
To enter this program, you must have a non-teaching Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
More admissions details can be found on the program's web page.
For more information on becoming a teacher, please contact Teacher Education Services and Advising at 757-683-6448 or http://education.odu.edu/tes/.
Courses in this program are offered in these formats:
Satellite: Attend class at a site for a live streamed course where the students and instructor can talk to each other.
Practicum / Internship: A practicum or internship is a required part of this program.
- Teaching: Pre-school, Primary, Elementary
- Administration: Principalship, Superintendency
- Special Services: Guidance Counseling, School Psychology, School Social Work, Occupational and Physical Therapy, Audiology and Speech Pathology, Library/Information Services, Special Education, Curriculum Supervision, Subject Area Supervision
This program includes both undergraduate and graduate level courses. The rate per credit hour is different for each level.
|ODU Tuition Classification||Undergraduate||Graduate|
|Virginia residents (with Virginia domicile)||$285 per credit hour||$412 per credit hour|
|Students living outside of Virginia||$285 per credit hour||$412 per credit hour|
|Virginia residents without Virginia domicile||$807 per credit hour||$1048 per credit hour|
Rates are effective Summer 2013 and subject to change. Please visit the Office of Finance web site for complete tuition details.
For questions about domicile or “in-state” status as it applies to tuition rates, please visit the University Registrar web site.
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Central Virginia Community College
- Eastern Shore Community College
- Germanna Community College - Fredericksburg Campus
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- John Tyler Community College
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Fauquier Campus
- Lord Fairfax Community College - Middletown Campus
- Mountain Empire Community College
- Navy Surface Combat Systems Center at Wallops Island
- New River Community College
- ODU Dahlgren
- Patrick Henry Community College
- Piedmont Virginia Community College
- Quantico Marine Corps Base
- Rappahannock Community College - Glenns Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - Christanna Campus
- Southside Virginia Community College - J.H. Daniel Campus
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- Virginia Western Community College
- Wytheville Community College